Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Halloween

I get so excited about Halloween for the kiddos. I love making their costumes and take every advantage to do so before they decide that they would prefer to buy them. Mayla always comes up with many ideas and so it is hard to narrow it down. This year she stuck with the idea of a pirate. We went through a few different styles of ideas before coming up with this one.
 I also made her a coat to go with it. She loved playing up the part and would say Argh with her arm up.

 Jax costume was a group effort. Our good friend Kade designed the actual box and put the flames on it, My Dad helped construct the wheels from Styrofoam (what else!) Todd helped with the details, I added a few more things to it. I have to really give us a pat on the back for this one, I loved the way it all turned out.
 Jax was not to sure about wearing it, so we had to bribe him with Todd's phone, No he is NOT texting while driving but he is playing games!!
 The second part of his costume was his shirt. It was impossible to find a shirt that we could start with, so what else would we do but make him one. Thanks to my mom for doing most of the sewing! I then added on the flames and printed the iron on's to have one awesome turn out. Now you know what I mean by group effort. It sure pays to know people with skills to help you out.



 Our neighbor (Danya) put on a dinner and party before we headed out trick-or-treating. We enjoy our neighbors so much and look forward to gathering every year. As a side note, Jax really didn't have an interest in the candy getting, he loves candy but he ended up sitting in the stroller the entire time and played alphabet games on my phone. He gets a little OCD about how the candy sits in his bucket, which we found out about earlier with a complete melt down, so we sure didn't push it to make him any more anxious!! All that work for one night of fun, but ohh how I love to see it all turn out!
 Mayla wanted to show me all the things she made at school for Halloween. What a cutie!

No comments: